Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vegetarian Recipes Tested From Kara's Kitchen


DUMPLING RECIPE!!

You Must Forgive Me!! I Didn't Measure When I Made These Dumplings.. So Here Goes!! ...Ha Ha!! ..If I Can Remember Correctly...

2 C Bread Flour

1 Tablespoon featherweight baking powder or any without aluminum!

Pinch Of fructose and pinch of sea salt!

1 C of my version of vegan buttermilk! ...Just Soy Milk With One Tablespoon Of Lemon Juice!

Note: (Sometimes When I Have The Tofutti Sour Cream I Use That With Some Added Lemon Juice!! ...Might Need a few tablespoons Of water as you go!! ..or not)

Melt 1/4 c of soy butter

In Bowl add all dry ingredients!! In Another Mix all wet! ...adding melted butter last! ..Pour Wet mixture into Dry! Fold gently until combined! ...Using a Tablespoon Spoon ...drop oval dough into your broth!

For your Broth you may use Vegetable Broth mixture! ...but I made my own using ...Water, Nutritional Yeast Flakes! and Herbal Seasonings! ...Added A Tablespoon Of Soy Butter and One Tablespoon Of Olive Oil! Some Sea Salt ...and Cayenne Pepper! ...Let Simmer For 20-30 Min. Until Tender and Eat! ... I was Raised On The Flat Dumplings! ...Same Dough but more flour added until manageable and flatten and cut into strips!!... Don't Over Handle! ...I Pray This Will Help! Never Measured This While I Was Making...Just Grew Up Doing It! Ha Ha! Enjoy!... Oh! Remember! ...Don't Have heat Too High!! You Don't Want To Boil Them! ...Simmer Slowly!! Nice!!

No comments:

Post a Comment